The purpose of the Clust-ER Health and wellbeing is to support the economy of the Emilia-Romagna region, activating all the actors of the different value chains in the development of the regional innovation strategy.
There are 4 value chains on which Clust-ER Health has given priority to intervention:
- Biomedical and new generation prosthetics;
- Regenerative, reparative and replacement medicine;
- Pharmaceutical development and “omics”;
- Technologies for healthy, independent and active life.
Consequently, the strategic objectives of the Clust-ER are:
- promoting the competitiveness of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biomedical and wellness sectors, which are already regional industrial excellence;
- supporting the development of new medicinal products of advanced therapy (ATMPs), new drugs and therapeutic devices, which make it possible to improve the quality of life of people;
- supporting the development of smart medical devices, wearable sensors and digital technologies for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes;
- promoting people’s health and mental and physical well-being through healthy and conscious lifestyles; supporting innovation in industrial processes by introducing biofabrication and solutions typical of Industry 4.0;
- reducing market access time for innovative technologies whose cost-effectiveness has been proven;
- increasing the productivity and integration of public and private social health services, moving towards de-hospitalization of services, planning patient-centered care pathways and greater patient / individual autonomy;
- guarantee the continuous innovation of the sector, through the collaborative planning between companies, research laboratories, health system in order to improve the competitiveness of the entire regional system