The purpose of the Clust-ER Industrie della Salute e del Benessere is to support the economy of the Emilia-Romagna region, activating all the actors of the different value chains in the development of the regional innovation strategy.
There are 4 value chains on which Clust-ER Health has given priority to intervention: Biomedical and new generation prosthetics; Regenerative, reparative and replacement medicine; Pharmaceutical development and “omics”; Technologies for healthy, independent and active life.
Consequently, the strategic objectives of the Clust-ER aim at:
- to promote the competitiveness of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biomedical and wellness sectors, which are already regional industrial excellence;
- support the development of new medicinal products of advanced therapy (ATMPs), new drugs and therapeutic devices, which allow to improve the quality of life of people;
- support the development of smart medical devices, wearable sensors and digital technologies for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes;
- promoting people’s health and mental and physical well-being through healthy and conscious lifestyles;
- supporting innovation in industrial processes by introducing biofabrication and solutions typical of industry 4.0;
- reduce market access time for innovative technologies whose cost-effectiveness has been proven;
- increase the productivity and integration of public and private social health services, moving towards de-hospitalization of services, planning patient-centric care pathways and greater patient / individual autonomy;
- guarantee the continuous innovation of the sector, through the collaborative planning between companies, research laboratories, health system in order to improve the competitiveness of the entire regional system.