news from clust-er
USA: Clust-ER Health on mission with the regional delegation
At the start, led by President Stefano Bonaccini, a new institutional mission of the Emilia-Romagna Region in the United States to start a series of collaborations in some strategic sectors, including health.
New York, Boston, Washington, Philadelphia the stages, for a dense agenda of meetings and initiatives that from 12 to 17 June will allow to promote the regional innovation system and support the opportunities for collaboration and investments for companies in an area of great interest for Emilia-Romagna as the United States. In 2021, the US was the second destination for Emilia-Romagna exports with a value of 8 billion euros. Among the most important events, the collaboration agreement between the Emilia-Romagna Region and the State of Pennsylvania.
The delegation also includes the Universities of Bologna, Modena and Reggio Emilia, Parma, the Romagna Institute for the Study of Tumors “Dino Amadori” of Meldola (FC), numerous companies, regional Unioncamere, the Fruit and Vegetable Service Center of Ferrara, the UnaPera Consortium and Ri.Nova, the regional pole of agri-food innovation, the Consortia for the enhancement of typical products of Emilia-Romagna.
THE PARTICIPATION OF CLUST-ER
Boston and Philadelphia will be the two cities that will see the Clust-ER involved in the days during the mission, where the manager Sauro Vicini and the President Aldo Tomasi will have the opportunity to meet important players in the institutional, entrepreneurial and academic fields. There will therefore be a meeting with the Consul General in Boston, with startups, researchers and representatives of the Italian community in Boston and a visit to MassChallenge, global startup accelerator, where the launch of the Bridging Innovation Program – Digital Health Boston 2022 will take place.
The three days organized in Philadelphia will then be enriched with participants, with the Emilia-Romagna companies and research institutions and members of the Clust-ER, active in the field of advanced therapies such as Holostem, Comecer, Stemsel and Istituto Tumori della Romagna IRST IRCCS Dino Amadori.
Here are some of the activities that will be carried out during the mission:
- Networking Breakfast at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC): an event to present the most important regional innovations, network Italian experiences with American ones and find opportunities for collaboration with investors, companies and startups in the field of life sciences, cancer research and cell and gene therapy.
- Networking event with Life Sciences Pennsylvania @Discovery Labs
- Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of Pennsylvania and the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Visit to Spark Therapeutics – a leading company in the field of gene therapies
- Meetings at Jefferson University
- World Affairs Council of Philadelphia – Subnational Diplomacy – A conversation with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania & Emilia-Romagna Region of Italy. On this occasion, Prof. Graziella Pellegrini, of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, will present the activities and richness of the regional ecosystem in the field of advanced therapies.